A Warm Welcome! We are David and Margo Sears (we are married too), your wedding ceremony experts since 2004 providing multiple award-winning and highly-personalized services to all types of couples. It is our happy privilege to have warmly served more than 1,550 couples so far! Join in the fun, and let us take care of you too… read on…
“Our wedding was exactly the way we wanted it, and stress free thanks to you!” ~ Mrs. A. Jope, bride
- Officiants / Ministers – indoors OR outdoors, male or female, non-denominational, David or Margo. We perform spiritual or non-religious ceremonies for all couples including live-togethers, mixed races, pregnant or already parents, eloping, renewals, bikers, pirate re-enactors, straight or LGBTQ couples, even last-minute couples when we are able!
- Professional Photographer – exciting, gorgeous visual storytelling & art for a great price in VERY GENEROUS packages with lots of extras that never expire on you!
- Live wooden Flute – Native American style…perfect for a soft beach wedding!
- Professional fresh Flowers – real flowers, from our florist in your colors, your flower types, your choices!
- Customized – Simple or complex, select added options such as Champagne/Cider & Godiva™ chocolate basket, French gourmet reception at The Brentwood, and your favorite recorded music. There are more amazing options available on our Add-On Services page!
- SIMPLE or elaborate or in-between. We offer you warm, genuine casual or formal ceremonies. We listen to your wishes and strive to tailor your wedding experience to your style. English professor’s writing guidance included with each ceremony!
- Real Ministers: Rev. David and Rev. Margo are fully-ordained, non-denominational, multi-faith pastors of a real church (not online stuff). We happily officiate using non-religious, or Christian, Jewish, Hawaiian, New Age Spiritual, Pagan, Native American, Celtic, Eastern, or LGBTQ, or hand-fasting and more!
- UNLIMITED GUESTS AND WEDDING PARTY – no extra charge, or have just a few guests, or elope with none (we supply free witnesses to elopers).
“David made us feel like we already knew him forever…And our ceremony way exceeded expectations!” ~
Angie & Eric Johnson, wedmates
- UNIQUE SAND CEREMONY with glass & cork heart bottle, included free with officiating service.
- Also at no charge with officiating service: our lovely, unique sand-groomed SHELL & SAND ART HEART at your feet, officiant follows your dress code, and we will file the license afterward with every officiating package.
- We welcome your own vows and words, if you wish! All vows are customized too. Our non-religious wording is about love, best friends, commitment, family, new journey, gratitude, and the special bond between you. You may use them as-is or customize it further to suit your style.
- Gay weddings and LGBTQ community members are very warmly welcome since we began in 2004. Love is love.
“You two are so sweet and easy to talk to, thank you so much!” ~K.Kokowski, wedding planner
“I’ve seen a LOT of different weddings in my time, but I have never seen a wedding this beautiful, this romantic, truly spiritual, that meaningful in my life!” ~ Bride’s Grandfather, NC
Where We Serve:
- Indoors, outdoors, on the beach, anywhere!
- Ocean Isle Beach NC
- Sunset Beach NC
- North Myrtle/Cherry Grove SC
- Holden Beach NC
- Oak Island/Southport NC
- Wrightsville Beach NC
- Carolina Beach NC
- Kure Beach/Ft. Fisher NC
- Myrtle Beach SC
- MB State Park SC
- Surfside Beach SC
- Garden City SC
- Huntington State Park SC
- Pawley’s Island SC
- Georgetown SC
- Topsail Island NC
- Surf City NC
- Emerald Isle NC
- at Aquariums
- any Resorts, Hotels, etc
- any Parks
- Beach Houses
- 801 Event Center
- at piers
- at restaurants
- Masonboro Island, Waite Island
- Brooklyn Arts Center of Wilmington
- The River Room
- Shell Island Resort
- Airlie Gardens
- Golf Courses
- Brunswick Plantation
- Brick Landing
- Springmaid Pier
- Sea Trail Golf Resort
- The Winds Resort
- The Islander Inn
- The Isles Restaurant & Club
- The Sunset Inn B&B
- The Brentwood Bistro
Tap our 10 Awards below
for Clients’ Reviews!
“Every guest said how great it was! Simple and very special. I recommend you to anybody…please post this to your site. I want everyone to know how grateful I am for your patience and just for being so organized.” ~ Mrs. S. Wright, bride
Planning Advice Blogs:
The laws of the City of Myrtle Beach, SC prohibit commercial beach weddings within city limits -- see details here online (scroll down on link): www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/faq.html. They offer 1 exception--its allowed above the high tide line at a few older oceanfront...read more
David and Margo Sears, co-owners and operators of Beachpeople Weddings, are pleased to announce being 2017 recipients of two more service excellence Awards in the wedding industry. This brings their grand total of professional awards to 10 since 2013. What does that...read more
We do not offer seating/chairs or arbors HOWEVER: Out of 1,500+ weddings, 70% didn’t use seating, 90% didn’t use an arbor or arch. Rental biz takes several hours of hard labor, storage, maintenance… but it’s just Dave & Margo at BeachPeople Weddings, so we spend...read more
As you plan your outdoor wedding time, you want to consider the effects of which time you choose: temperature (cooler in mornings, warmer in late afternoons--on beach its SUPER HOT 9am - 5pm in summer!) effects on quality of your photos ("golden hour" is first and...read more