As you plan your outdoor wedding time, you want to consider the effects of which time you choose:
- temperature (cooler in mornings, warmer in late afternoons–on beach its SUPER HOT 9am – 5pm in summer!)
- effects on quality of your photos (“golden hour” is first and last hours of sunlight, all else is harsh, shadowy, washed out)
- early morning or evening times pro’s and con’s (fewer strangers around, quieter, great light, but hard on travelers)
- midday or late afternoon pro’s and con’s (midday is super hot & extra crowded in summer, but pleasant and deserted in winter)
- IDEAL TIME WINTER MONTHS: midday hours 1 – 3 pm
- IDEAL TIMES SUMMER MONTHS: Sunrise is best (before 8am) and Twilight is 2nd best (between 6-730pm)
So we share these free links, below, which list the the actual sun times on YOUR possible ceremony date! FYI: for sunset, you want a start time ONE HOUR BEFORE “SUNSET” time column. For sunrise, the “SUNRISE” time column is yours.
- NC BEACHES & cities, click this link, then click your location city, THEN scroll down to the chart of all dates, click forward to your month: http://sunrise-sunset.org/us/north-carolina-locations .
- SC BEACHES & cities, click this link, then click your location city, THEN scroll down to the chart of all dates, click forward to your month: http://sunrise-sunset.org/us/south-carolina-locations .